Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Welcome

Welcome to Marcia's Native Plants. I am a docent at the New York Botanical Garden in the Bronx and have been volunteering there for 17 years. I lead tours of their Native Plant Garden, usually on Thursdays, and share the research I have done about the plants in that garden. I also converted my yard at home into a native plant sanctuary many years ago. And I enjoy hiking and inventorying the flora of the Catskills and areas around New Jersey.

2015
Here I am all decked out in my NYBG docent gear highlighting the meadow of the Native Plant Garden


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great job with this blog, Marcia. Looking forward to reading more.

Katherine said...

Marcia, This blog is ever so helpful to NYBG tour guides, and the pictures make it even more so. I plan to refer to it often. Of course, being with you IN the NPG is even better!
Thank you for all of your efforts to encourage native plants. Katherine W-R

Katherine said...

Marcia, this list is so helpful for the NYBG tour guides, and the pictures make it even more so. Of course, being with you in the NPG is even better !Thank you for all of your efforts
to support the growing of native plants.